Archive for the ‘Letterpress’ Category
We can print your artwork!
Posted on February 12th, 2013
We printed a gorgeous wedding suite, illustrated by our dear friend Kristen. She provided us with vector artwork, all created in Illustrator and we took care of the rest!
If you have artwork already created and would love to see it letterpress printed, we encourage you to inquire with us for an estimate. You can do so by sending us an email with the following information:
3. Paper: soft white or bright white
4. Any special requests such as paper color, envelope color, edge painting, foil printing
5. A screen shot of your artwork, even if it’s not quite final—this will help us with our cost estimate and with any recommendations for what works best with letterpress printing
Letterpress Valentine Workshop
Posted on January 31st, 2013
Letterpress print your own Valentine’s Day cards!
All levels are welcome, letterpress experience is not required. Choose to print from 3 different designs. Wine and sweets provided. If you’re interested in meeting our press, Peach, (and not operating her) please come by anyway and say hello—a selection of our letterpress cards will be for sale.
Dates: February 4th and 6th
Cost: Letterpress turotial is free, pricing runs $5 per card (includes envelope)
For more information: http://lilikoi-design.com/press-rental-workshops/
Please RSVP here: http://letterpressvalentineworkshop.eventbrite.com
Workshop Location: Lilikoi Design + Letterpress San Francisco Studio 171 Lily Street (between Gough and Octavia) • San Francisco 94102
Posted on January 17th, 2013
We are thrilled to announce that we are participating in the Love Tour on February 17th! We hope to see you there!
Posted on January 3rd, 2013
I recently worked with the fabulous team at BRIKA and had the privilege to be featured as a maker on their website. They have some lovely photos and some snippets from our interview displayed, along with some of our work for sale.
Here’s the full, unedited interview:
1. Company name: Lilikoi Design + Letterpress
2. Maker name(s): Andria Sato
3. Year company was founded: 2007
4. Based out of: Los Angeles and San Francisco
5. Age (optional): 31
6. Social media handles:
7. Website/E-commerce site(s): lilikoi-design.com
8. Phone number (s): 5629721502
9. Preferred contact method and best time of day to reach you: phone or email firstname.lastname@example.org
10. What 3-5 titles/life roles best describe who you are? Owner/Creative Director, Lilikoi Design + Letterpress, Los Angeles native, recently moved to San Francisco. Traveler, yogi, health conscious foodie.
11. I believe in… living a balanced life, giving, loving, creating, compassion; culture, education, hard work and artistic expression. I love it when… I have the opportunity to travel and experience different cultures, landscapes, food. I love it when I experience something new. Words I live by are… Surround yourself with people you love; live every day with gratitude, passion and an open heart.
12. In your city, think of a few spots you truly love. Please share what’s so great about your favourite place to:
A. Eat- At home—we are so grateful for our CSA box of vegetables that get delivered to our doorstep and are so inspired to cook delicious, healthy meals. I also love Arlequin for their French wine selection, beautiful outdoor setting and roasted chicken, all to be shared with my husband. Hog Island Oyster Co. is always great to experience with our out of town guests; we can take a trip to the Ferry Building and shop the local vendors and enjoy a scenic lunch at Hog Island. An order of oysters are wonderful to share as well as the whole crab. We also like to pass around a bowl of their seafood stew around our table to share.
B. Shop- Anything locally made. We are a proud member of SF Made and work with local business in Los Angeles.
C. Get inspired- Wandering the city of San Francisco, exploring the rugged coastline and getting lost in the rural countryside. There’s something for everyone.
13. What 3 things make you happiest in the world? my husband, my loved ones and my health.
All about Lilikoi
1. How did you start your company? I started Lilikoi 5 years ago with the determination and strong interest in owning a business and a passion for the old world, charming art of letterpress—and a press my best friends and I named Peach.
2. Why is making handmade goods important to you? Creating something by hand has so much love and soul; I have the privilege to create something with an original form of art with the finest materials, all while running a sustainable studio. Creating something handmade makes me passionate about sharing the story about the love and time that went into making our products.
3. What is your design background? I studied Graphic Communication and business. I’ve always had a love for photography, textiles, music and fashion.
4. Walk me through your production/design process. An idea forms—by a meeting with clients, or maybe in studio. That idea gets put to life and created on the computer. From there, printing plates get made, then mounted and registered on a metal base. Inks are matched to a swatch and hand mixed, then applied to the press and rolled out evenly with ink rollers. The base gets locked up in the press and the press begins to move by a foot pedal and impression arm that we manually operate. Each piece of cotton paper is fed into the press (one at a time) and an impression is made. Once the printing meets our quality standards, the job is run, dried over a day or so, finishing touches applied then packaged and delivered.
5. What one tool can you not live without and why? Our letterpress; She is manually operated, weighs 1,400 pounds, 123 years old and is named Peach.
6. What did you want to be when you grew up? Why? A chef. I love to cook.
7. Who inspires you to do the work that you do? Why? My peers and most of all, my husband and parents. I’m inspired by my peers, but what really drives me is the encouragement and support I get from my husband and parents—they love what I do and truly believe in what I have to offer.
8. Tell us about your ideal Saturday. A morning yoga class, followed by a long picnic lunch with friends in a park. Afternoon espresso, then something new—an art exhibition, a concert. Then either a meal at home or a night out for dinner with my husband.
9. What’s the last thing you wrote down? I wrote a thank you card to my friends parents’ for treating us to dinner—sent in the mail with a bag of blue bottle coffee and a treat from Heath Ceramics.
10. What’s one thing you can’t leave home without and why? My handbag filled with a jacket (I’m from Los Angeles and a little wimpy when it comes to cold weather!), a water bottle, lip gloss, my wallet, keys and phone.
11. What’s something people are usually surprised to learn about you? My diet is gluten and dairy free.
12. What was the best handwritten note you’ve ever received? The notes I receive from clients are always the best—receiving notes from them makes me love my job and make me feel so fortunate.
13. What are your guilty pleasures? Dark chocolate, red wine and my weakness for beautiful things.
Holiday Garland Workshop—Join Us!
Posted on December 5th, 2012
Craft a whole new way to display holiday cheer at the alphabet garland class taught by Andria Sato of Lilikoi Design + Letterpress. The class begins with a tutorial in letterpress, followed by the chance to string together 4-by-6 letters with ribbon into a festive phrase.
Workshops: 7 to 9 p.m., Dec 12 & 10 a.m.-noon, Dec. 15
171 Lily Street (between Gough and Octavia), San Francisco
Holiday Workshop at our San Francisco Studio!
Posted on November 23rd, 2012
Holiday Garland Workshop
Date: December 6th, 7pm-9pm; 13th, 7pm-9pm; 15th 10am-12pm • Tuition: $40 • Skill level: All
Come join us in our studio for a letterpress tutorial, followed by an opportunity to put together your own custom letterpress printed garland. Choose your own 4×6 letterpress printed letters and ribbon to create a garland that says anything from Happy Holidays” to “Celebrate” to “Happy Birthday”. Wine and cheese included! Please RSVP by phone 562-972-1502 or email email@example.com
Meet Lucy in Los Angeles
Posted on November 1st, 2012
Lucy is a recent addition to Lilikoi and is taking care of inquiries in the Los Angeles and Orange County areas of our beautiful sunshine state. I’m thrilled to have her represent Lilikoi—she shares the same love for ink on paper as I do and even celebrates like I do when pieces of beautiful cotton paper come inked off the press. You’ll have to see it in person to believe it. Please welcome Lucy, everyone! xo
She takes calls, meetings, emails and can answer all of your questions about design, letterpress printing and your custom project. Read her bio on our website to learn a little more about her. You can call her: 949.697.3870 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Posted on September 2nd, 2011
Business cards seem to be the priority these days… people are eager to show off something beautiful, tactile and memorable. Who wouldn’t want to make a good impression upon meeting someone? Beside a sweet smile and a confident handshake, you’ll need to leave your new friend with something representative of you.
Letterpress business cards are lovely to touch and printed on 100% cotton paper. If you’re on a budget, we recommend only printing 1 color. We promise it will do the job every time—leaving something that is a little extra special behind will get a great response.
Here’s a recent project we printed: Business cards for UNTITLED Magazine. They are 1 color and make a huge impact. They are clean, simple, yet strong and unique. They are classic.
Posted on January 7th, 2011
Kelly Perry is a young, driven (and female) Chemical Design Engineer and wanted to brand herself with some stylish, memorable business cards. She is one in a million, being a female in a male dominated industry. Here are her new cards:
Calling Cards for Daniel Trese
Posted on December 17th, 2010
We recently printed these business cards… clean, simple and classic.
Custom Letterpress Stationery
Posted on December 1st, 2010
Custom stationery is such a unique and personal gift… now taking orders! Place them this week to guarantee delivery in time for the holidays! Click in the link below and fill out our form. You may email it back to us at email@example.com
100 Layer Cake
Posted on November 30th, 2010
We are so proud to announce we are listed as a vendor on 100 Layer Cake. Please do browse their new website and if you’re feeling up to it, we would be so happy if you would comment on our portfolio!
letterpress luggage tag
Posted on September 7th, 2010
How adorable are these? Artwork by Megan… letterpress printed and die cut by lilikoi design + letterpress.
A musician and an interior designer fall in love…
Posted on August 13th, 2010
I met with Brynn a few months ago and she brought her lovely and sweet mother with her. We sat in the sunshine and discussed her grand plans for her upcoming wedding that will take place in Santa Monica.
We then proceeded with the idea of working together on her save the dates, invitations and additional printed materials. An estimate was issued, items were discussed in detail, and we then met once again to go over letterpress samples with her honey, Benny. What an adorable couple! Clients like Brynn and Benny make me love my job. They are wonderful to work with and look for the beauty in simple, elegant design.
When designing their save the dates, they provided us with a few requests:
1. Incorporate a custom guitar pick on each save the date
2. include (the most adorable) photo of them.
3. custom mix a “mushroom” ink color and an accent color representative of the beach
YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL
Posted on August 5th, 2010
To all the loves in my life… you are beautiful!
Just added to our online store… you are beautiful gift tags
we will be adding more items, so please visit us again soon!
Featured on Southern Weddings Magazine Blog
Posted on July 21st, 2010
A BIG thank you to our recent feature at Southern Weddings. You can see us featured here, on the Southern Weddings Magazine Blog
she sells seashells
Posted on April 2nd, 2010
Happy weekend! Here’s a photo of my recent finds at the beach… pretty, pretty shells.